Three common mistakes when washing with a sponge that cause ‘dangerous’ bacteria spread – Express

A certain a ring to it

Although rare, it is possible to get a skin infection from a particularly infested shower sponge, warned Mr Abdeh.

“For this reason, it is imperative that your shower accessories are rung out after use. This helps to minimise the build-up of bacteria.”

Furthermore, he added, you should be replacing them regularly to ensure your body is protected from an “onslaught” of bacteria each time you bathe.

Sponge mistakes are not the only pitfall when washing: the shower head also presents hidden health risks.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.